To make the dough:
- In the morning/early afternoon, combine yeast, sugar/agave, and warm water in a small bowl. Cover with a towel to avoid cooling off, set aside for 6-8 min until foamy.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, salt, and flaxseed. Add foaming yeast mixture. Start combining the ingredients with clean hands until dough forms. Put the dough onto a floured table and knead until soft, about 5 min, adding more white flour if the dough gets sticky. Not sure how to knead properly? Watch some Youtube videos on that.
- Once the dough is uniformly soft, cover it with olive oil, put into a container with a lid (I used a big soup pot), wrap the container with a towel to create warm environment inside, and leave in a warm place for at least 3-4 hours.
- Preheat the oven with a pizza stone inside to 450°F. Let the stone sit inside the hot oven for at least 30 min before adding pizza.
- 10 min before baking your pizza, dust a pizza peel with cornmeal, take the dough out of your container, and spread into a circle (approx. 14 inches) using your hands (not a rolling pin) right on top of the pizza peel. If not assembling the pizza right away, cover the dough with a damp kitchen towel to prevent drying.
To prepare the vegetables:
- Lightly grease sliced eggplant and zucchini with olive oil spray. Grill on a preheated grill for about 3-4 min per side, careful not to burn. Take off the grill, let cool slightly, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop fresh vegetables of choice into bite-sized pieces.
To assemble the pizza:
- Spread the prepared pizza dough circle with marinara. Arrange a layer of grilled vegetables, then cover with fresh vegetables (except kale and basil). Top with sliced or shredded vegan mozzarella. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Carefully slide the pizza from the peel onto the hot pizza stone. Bake for 10-12 min, or until the crust looks firm and browned, and the cheese has melted. Note: some vegan cheese brands don’t melt well, so watch the crust as an indicator of doneness.
- Once the pizza is done, take it out and top with fresh basil and kale/spinach. Wait 5 min before cutting. Enjoy!