1. Mini Whole Wheat Egg Sandwich | 24 Carrot Life Try this mini whole wheat egg sandwich that you can make ahead of time and reheat for a quick breakfast. Cheesy egg and ham patties sandwiched between a flaky whole wheat green onion biscuit will surely make you smile. You can also add tomato, spinach, avocado or any of your favorite veggies to the mix. Recipe makes 12 servings at 1 egg patty and 1 whole-wheat biscuit each.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 178; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 90mg; Sodium: 735mg; Carbohydrate: 16g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 0g; Protein: 8g
2. Slow Cooker Bacon, Egg & Hash Brown Casserole | Elle Penner, MyFitnessPal Registered Dietitian This slow cooker breakfast casserole features fluffy eggs and hash brown potatoes studded with pieces of thick-cut bacon topped with cheddar cheese. An added bonus? You can just as easily eat leftovers for lunch and dinner as you would for breakfast. Recipe makes 8 servings at approximately 1 cup each.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 342; Total Fat: 22g; Saturated Fat: 10g; Monounsaturated Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 357mg; Sodium: 648mg; Carbohydrate: 14g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 2g; Protein 21g
3. Broccoli & Cheese Egg Muffin | Budget GirlBroccoli and cheese egg muffins are an easy, healthy breakfast food. They’re great to make ahead of time and put in the freezer. During the week, take one out of the freezer then warm in the microwave or toaster oven for a great grab-and-go breakfast. These small, cheesy egg muffins are only about 73 calories a piece so you’ll certainly need to eat more than one (or add other breakfast foods into the mix)—not a bad problem to have! Recipe makes 12 servings at 1 small egg muffin each.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 73; Total Fat: 4g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 75mg; Sodium: 143mg; Carbohydrate: 2g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 6g
4. Stuffed Bell Pepper Eggs | Steps 2 NutritionA handful of simple ingredients like eggs, salsa, spinach and onion are served nestled in a red bell pepper shell then baked to delicious perfection. This meal idea is high in protein and low in carbs, but you can always enjoy it with a piece of fruit. Recipe makes 1 serving at 1 stuffed bell pepper. Nutrition info is for 2 whole eggs (yolk + white) and 2 egg whites, but you can modify it any way you want.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 226; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 370mg; Sodium: 509mg; Carbohydrate: 10g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 6g; Protein:22g
5. BLT Egg Bagel Sandwiches | Tina’s Chic Corner The traditional BLT (bacon-lettuce-tomato) sandwich is remade with a breakfast twist in this recipe for BLT egg bagel sandwiches. Crispy bagels are topped with center-cut bacon, fried egg, cheese, sweet tomatoes and lettuce. Recipe makes 2 servings at 1 bagel sandwich each. Want to cut down on carbs? Make this an open-faced sandwich and use only 1/2 bagel per serving. To trim saturated fat, we suggest using center-cut bacon (nutrition info reflects this) or even Canadian bacon.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 397; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Monounsaturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 236mg; Sodium: 622mg; Carbohydrate: 42g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 5g; Protein: 20g
6. Homemade Breakfast Hot Pockets | Running to the Kitchen If you’ve got a hankering for hot pockets, you can now make your own. This recipe uses store-bought pizza dough and combines it with eggs, sweet bell peppers, chicken sausage and onion to make cozy breakfast hot pockets. They’re perfect for a healthy breakfast on the go and are way better for you than the store-bought variety.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 229; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 82mg; Sodium: 458mg; Carbohydrate: 33g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 11g
TWENTY MINUTES TO SPARE
7. Easy Baked Egg & Ham Tortilla | MaebellsQuick, easy and full of protein! You’ve just been introduced to one of our new favorite go-to breakfasts. These baked egg-and-ham tortillas are ready in just 15 minutes—including prep. Get creative and adapt the recipe to use what you have on hand. Recipe makes 2 servings at 1 egg-and-ham tortilla each.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 271; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Monounsaturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 245mg; Sodium: 621mg; Total Carbohydrate: 25g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugars: 3g; Protein: 22g
8. Poached Egg + Crispy Prosciutto Avocado Toast | Elle Penner, MyFitnessPal Registered Dietitian It’s easy to experience a sugar crash after breakfast. The coffee, banana, bagel and other quick fixes we grab in the morning can leave us feeling tired instead of energized. Think about where else can you squeeze in the fat and protein that adds balance to your morning meal. Here’s a sugar-proof idea: poached egg and crispy prosciutto avocado toast. It takes a little prep work but only 7 minutes to put together. With zero grams of added sugar, you’ll be out the door, feeling better after a balanced breakfast.
Nutrition (per serving):Calories: 273; Total Fat: 6 g; Saturated Fat: 3 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g; Cholesterol: 195 mg; Sodium: 661 mg; Total Carbohydrate: 22 g; Dietary Fiber: 5 g; Sugars: 4 g; Protein: 15 g
9. Spinach and Cheese Omelet | Calories In, Calories Out Cookbook Got a hankering for some perfectly cooked omelets? Check out this recipe featuring a simple spinach and cheese omelet. Omelets are a versatile breakfast food so sub in your favorite veggies if spinach isn’t your cup of tea. Recipe makes 1 serving at 1 omelet each.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 190; Total Fat: 13g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Monounsaturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 432mg; Sodium: 319mg; Carbohydrate: 2g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 1g; Protein 15g
10. Open-Faced Broiled Egg, Spinach and Tomato Sandwich | Lose Weight the Low-Carb Way This open-faced sandwich has nothing to hide! Once you crunch into the toasty English muffin, spinach, tomatoes, egg and lightly browned mayo, you’ll be well on your way to a balanced breakfast. The best part is you’ll get to share the other half of your English muffin with someone else. Sharing is caring! Recipe makes 1 serving at 1 sandwich each.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 201; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 195mg; Sodium: 423mg; Total Carbohydrate: 17g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugars: 3g; Protein: 10g
11. Egg and Hummus Breakfast Wrap | Eating Bird Food This quick and healthy breakfast recipe features an egg and veggie scramble wrapped in a whole-grain tortilla. Hummus, feta and sun-dried tomato make this a Mediterranean-inspired breakfast wrap. Recipe makes 1 serving at 1 wrap each.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 300; Total Fat: 13g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 193mg; Sodium: 574mg; Carbohydrate: 27g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugar: 5g; Protein 21g
12. Kale & Egg Scramble | Kalyn’s Kitchen Kale and eggs are a winning combination, especially in this recipe for kale and egg scramble. This yummy take on breakfast boosts your daily dose of vitamins A and C in addition to supplying you with satisfying protein and fat. Recipe makes 6 servings.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 212; Total Fat: 13g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Monounsaturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 441mg; Sodium: 592mg; Carbohydrate: 4g; Dietary Fiber:1 g; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 20g
13. Fluffy Scrambled Egg with Avocado Feta | The Iron You Easy, fluffy scrambled eggs are buffed up with creamy avocado and feta in this delicious recipe. Just add your favorite seasoning or herbs, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then serve with your favorite side of veggies. Recipe makes 2 servings.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 353; Total Fat: 30g; Saturated Fat: 9g; Monounsaturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 447mg; Sodium: 535mg; Carbohydrate: 7g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 15g
Click here to visit this site